Get to know us
Meet Retarus, a global technology firm specializing in enterprise-level communications. We help optimize business processes for many of our loyal clients in the Fortune 500 sector. Visit our Company website to see some of the largest institutions that trust us!
Are you looking for job security but crave the dynamic feel of entrepreneurship? You’ve come to the right place, Retarus has stability since 1992 yet the energy of a startup. We are growing our International presence in the USA - to continue that growth, we are looking for an energetic and determined individual to join the team!
The Support Engineer
The ideal candidate will possess a hands-on mentality with the desire to handle responsibility. The Support Engineer will be providing customer support related but not limited to fax and SMS over SMTP, Web Service, API, FTP protocols. The Support Engineer will report directly to the Head of IT for Retarus USA. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Retarus is a great place to grow your career.
Our Investment in you
- A competitive base salary!
- Benefits such as Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, 401K plan
- Discount programs, child care programs
- International Rotation Program
- Fun, modern, and diverse office that is dog friendly!
- Work life balance with competitive PTO and hybrid work schedule
- Flat hierarchies and a company culture that promotes growth
What You'll Need
- Strong passion for IT, innovation and business processes
- Strong customer facing skills, the ability to interact in confidence with clients
- 2+ years’ experience as Technical Support Engineer preferred
- Knowledge of web services and API’s
- Understanding the basic HTTP requests and different methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE)
- Practical knowledge of the SMTP protocol
- Understanding of TCP/IP stack and OSI Model
- Ability to provide step by step technical help, both written and verbal
- Must have excellent customer relations skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of client organization
- Unix/Python Shell Scripting skills is a plus
- CompTIA A+, network + or Linux + certification is a plus
What You'll Do
- Support engineer are the first point of contact for Retarus customers for fax and SMS related issues
- Maintain high level of customer service to all support requests and adhere to standard policies and procedures.
- Record and track support problems in help desk software while keeping end user informed of problem status and estimated resolution times; escalate issues as necessary
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritize work load
- Provide various service reports to customers
- Demonstrate communication skills and the ability to interface directly with customers and senior leadership
- Work closely with Global Headquarters Support
Retarus is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.